Is a Medicare Advantage Plan Worth It?
Whether or not you should consider a Medicare Advantage Plan varies. Medicare Advantage is another option to receive your Part A and Part B coverage. Sometimes these plans include Part D drug coverage and additional benefits as well. Each plan varies, so you must check with an agent to confirm what your plan would cover. At Elite Partners LLC, we help you determine which Medicare coverage option is most suitable for your health care needs.
What Are the Types of Medicare Advantage Plans Available?
There are several types of Medicare Advantage Plans to choose from. Each plan is unique and comes with different benefits:
- Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plans—In most HMOs, you can only go to doctors, other health care providers or hospitals in the plan’s network, except in an urgent or emergency. You may also need a referral from your primary care doctor for tests or to see other doctors or specialists.
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plans—In a PPO, you pay less if you use doctors, hospitals and other health care providers that belong to the plan’s network. Typically, you will pay more if you use doctors, hospitals and providers outside the network.
- Private Fee-for-Service (PFFS) plans—PFFS plans are similar to Original Medicare in that you can generally go to any Medicare-approved doctor, other health care provider or hospital as long as they accept the plan’s payment terms. The plan determines how much it will pay doctors, other health care providers, and hospitals and how much you must pay when you get care.
- Special Needs Plans (SNPs)—SNPs provide focused and specialized health care for specific groups of people, like those who have both Medicare and Medicaid, live in a nursing home, or have certain chronic medical conditions.
- HMO Point-of-Service (HMO-POS) plans—These are HMO plans that may allow you to get some services out-of-network for a higher copayment or coinsurance.
If you’re seeking a bundled policy with the possibility of additional benefits, a Medicare Advantage Plan may be best for you. Be sure to review each plan and discuss your needs with an agent before determining which plan best suits your needs.
Get Started Today
Our agents at Elite Partners LLC want to make finding the right Medicare policy as easy as possible so you can feel confident in your health care coverage. If you’re ready to discuss your needs or get started, contact an agent today.